Tuesday 23 August 2016

Where the clouds kiss tops of the mountains

Hey ho, reader!
A couple of days ago I've had an opportunity to go on a hike with my family. It was a great adventure and I'd love to highlight the main things we've seen & experienced so do expect lots of pictures and rambles. Here we go then!

Well, we set off on our long journey at 10am, with me being all merry & curly (the usual). Whilst listening to various songs we chattered away and laughed, again, I can't help but mention how much I love travelling with my family. It was really warm and sunny outside, but hella, Stacey has already shifted to her autumnal mood and was sat in the car wearing a hoodie. Go me!

In case you don't know, during the trip I was all about filming bits and bobs for the video I uploaded just a couple of hours ago (I'll put the YouTube link to it at the end of the post), here's a behind the scenes snippet of me trying to get a good shot of a local swan


The main reason why we decided to go on this hike was to have an amazing photoshoot on top of a mountain, with me wearing a long lace dress. Honestly I loved that place so much I could not stop admiring the view of the valley down below. Though not going to lie, dad was bloody scared and didn't let me step close to the edge, thanks dad, about seven pictures have your frowned face in the corner (just joking, I totally understand his concern hehe). Here are some of the pictures we've taken up there. 












Having watched the picturesque sceneries we then proceeded to look for a good place to put up a tent for the night. It took us quite a while to find one - we wanted it close by the river, yet far from the civilisation. After hours of searching we stopped near the river, near the reservation border - the last point where the humans are (as told by dad no human being ever stepped behind that border)

The evening turned out to be amazing - we made barbecue & roasted marshmallows on a bonfire, watched the fog fall on to a massive mountain right in front of our tent entrance and listened to the river roaring 30 meters away from us. SO lovely. Yet the night brought a tiny bit of a surprise - a freaking thunderstorm. Yeah. I wasn't scared at all, on the contrary - fascinated! If you know me well you'd know I live for 'bad' weather, and when I felt it chucking down our tent with rain - ooooooooh yasssss hehe

The next morning we set off to see that last bit of civilisation, that very place where it ends at the beginning of an ENORMOUS forest (with cheetahs and a wild bison) - the animal reservation. 







This mountain range was our next stop - we rode the car till the very end of the road - in winter this place is a ski resort, but at the moment we only managed to enjoy the wild green forests everywhere and breathe the clean fresh morning air.



To conclude I can say that this summer I was totally convinced that I bloody love the mountains and hikes - that atmosphere and silence really make you reconsider your life priorities. 


Hope you enjoyed reading about my adventures and watching the video

-Stacey x 

No comments:

Post a Comment