Saturday 12 November 2016

Emotional Landscapes

Blimey, what a week. It turned out to be ridiculously hard - both physically and emotionally, however never have I ever felt so much in harmony with myself. Preparations for lessons this week occupied every minute of my day (despite a few sleeping hours, duh). May I just mention the meticulous, painstaking way my friend & I did History and Culture of Germany. Goodness gracious I absolutely loved it, and the results paid off. Right now I have the urge to properly learn German.

Again, a cheeky recall to my previous post, I mention the University atmosphere, it may sound like an overdose of sugar and honey, yet  the lovely people I'm surrounded with every single day make me feel warm on the inside. Still getting my head around how amazing mankind is - we're all so different, and nonetheless talented and capable of incredible things.

 These words gently lead me on to the story of what happened today. I had a magnificent opportunity to be speaker (FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY ENTIRE LIIIFE, okay I'm done yelling) in our University's English Club. No idea how to express the amount of emotions I've had the fortune to experience, simply because I've never seen people listen to me with such eagerness and enjoyment. They laughed at my jokes, asked questions and thanked me at the end of my speech. Followed by the discussion of 'English over the decades' my lecture finished with the students telling me how fun everything was. Without the slightest bit of doubt I can say - today I'm happy.

This post is short. Short but sweet.

-Stacey x

No comments:

Post a Comment